Tradition
and progress

History

Since its foundation by Gustav Rau in 1877, the privately held company G.RAU is known for both tradition and progress.

1877

Gustav Rau founded the company for the manufacture of pressings from gold and silver alloys

1897

Move into an own corporate building
By then the production program also included the manufacturing of semi-finished products from precious metals, non-precious metals, their alloys and from doublé

1903

Introduction of modern mechanical production

1925

Expansion of our production program through the manufacturing of specialty products for electrical and apparatus engineering, thermobimetal, contact bimetal, contacts and specialty tubing …

1952

The increasing demand for specialty products resulted in an expansion of our delivery program for all technical products as well as in the expansion of our facility

1967

Construction of our second plant in Pforzheim, Germany

1972

Second phase of construction in our second plant

1992

Semi-finished products for the medical engineering were added to our range of products

1993

G.RAU founded the subsidiary company EUROFLEX GmbH with NDC as a sales company for Nitinol products as well as for other semi-finished products for the medical engineering industry

2002

Completion of the new building of plant II (Seperate new rooms for the production of semi-finished products for medical engineering)

2006

High-purity production of contact parts, purity defined and specified by maximum rest particles (size and amount)
Packaging within the production line in blisters

2007

Further expansion of the tube drawing production with the aim of increasing our supply to the automobile industry
G.RAU purchases 50% of the EUROFLEX shares from its Joint Venture Partner NDC (a Johnson & Johnson company) and now holds 100% of the EUROFLEX shares. Due to this purchase G.RAU holds 66,67 % of the ADMEDES Schuessler GmbH in Pforzheim

2008

EUROFLEX becomes a shareholder of NDC, Fremont USA, which parted from Johnson & Johnson and is now an independent company
ADMEDES founds its overseas branch in Livermore, USA, named ADMEDES Inc.
Series production readiness of the cold plating process
New construction software for FEM calculation (stress simulation)

2009

Advancements in the development of wire compound production by the use of new material combinations Expansion of our measuring rooms (Werth Scope-Check 3D, outline indicator CT-Matic, Formtester Rondcum 44)
Foil stamping of plated strips of up to 60 µm
Circular cutting to achieve flat edge trimming of cups in the production of deep drawn parts

2010

Expansion of the tube production in order to enable ID surface treatments ADMEDES launches its US production line

2012

Foundation of RAU PRECISION METALS S.A. in Costa Rica to produce tubes for the medical technologies

2013

The third production site in Pforzheim covering an area of 1600 m² has been taken into service
New and larger production premises for future-oriented production of deep-drawn parts

2014

The extension of the company building in Costa Rica covering 2650 m² of production space
Start of serial production

2014

Establishment of a subsidiary in the US G.RAU Inc.

2015

Acquisition of the shares of ADMEDES Schuessler GmbH - G.RAU Group is now sole owner of ADMEDES Schuessler GmbH